Why I do not see all statuses

Paulina Mijal May 10, 2022

Dear all, 

What could be the reason that in the unmapped statuses column, no statuses are showing up for me even though I know they should-not all are added in the columns. Additionally, I have all the cropsIn other tables I can change these statuses...

Thanks for help.

Best regards, 

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Hi Paulina,

The statuses for a board (mapped or unmapped) are based on the workflows that are associated with your project. It will show all unique statuses included in all workflows in the workflow scheme for that project. 

If you added some statues to a workflow used by the project, make sure that you published the workflow after finishing your changes. 

Paulina Mijal May 11, 2022

Thanks @John Funk

I am aware of the link between statuses, workflows, projects and boards. However, in my case I know that on other boards of one project I am able to add more statuses - just in one I have such a problem. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

What kind of project is this? JWM? Company-managed? Team-managed?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

I would think it is probably the filter. If you simplify the filter, you should be able to determine if the statuses show up or not. 

Paulina Mijal May 12, 2022

I've copied the filter  and changed it for diffrent project (with the same assumptions). When I did it on the board of the other project I could manage all statuses :(

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

Are they different project types? Do they use the same Workflow Scheme? 

Two times "yes"

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

What are the different project types being used? 

Sorry, I've checked again. Both projects are software project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2022

Sorry, I have to agree with Dave. 

So, I would go ahead and open a support ticket. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Hi @Paulina Mijal Does your board contain issues of multiple projects? What kind of board is it? A kanban or scrum board? If you have a kanban board, does it have a sub-filter?

Paulina Mijal May 10, 2022

Could it be caused by the "complicated filter"? 
image.png

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of your board columns?

Thanks @Dave Mathijs for your help. 

image.png

And I could say more - I've copied the filter and changed it for diffrent project and on board of the other project I could manage statuses :( I really need to change it and I completely do not know why I have this problems. 

@Dave Mathijs do you have any ideas?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

I'm sorry Paulina, with the information I currently have available, I'm unable to determine the root cause of your issue.

Suggest an answer