Why I can't see "Epic" after clicking on "Create Issue" at the bottom of the backlog ?

Jira_Admin1 August 25, 2020

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-25 at 22.21.07.jpeg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

@PRASHANT GERA Epics are usually created from the Epic panel (side panel on the backlog) or from the "Create" button on top. 

If you don't have Epic panel enabled (for Kanban board) , navigate to board settings -> columns and enable the Epic panel. (Note: you need to be a board administrator to perform this). 

I do have options to Create epic from side panel and also from the Create button at the top but as per the image attached, if I click on + sign at the bottom of Backlog, a drop down comes which doesn't list Epic . Is it a limitation or I have to change some settings 

Sramanth Pandeti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

@PRASHANT GERA It is a limitation only to have issue types that are at the story level.

Like Jira_Admin1 likes this

Ok, thank you @Sramanth Pandeti 

Suggest an answer