While loading the jira page, it shows error

Nareshkanna_K June 3, 2020

Shows the following error while loading a page "Something's gone wrong. Our team has been notified, if the problem persists, please contact atlassian support".

Can you clarify me what is this all about?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2020

Hello @Nareshkanna_K,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know more details about the steps you are following.

Is it happening on a specific page?

Is it happening to other users?

Please, open the developer tools on your browser while following the steps to replicate the issue and check if it shows any additional errors.

Regards,
Angélica

Nareshkanna_K June 11, 2020

This is happening for a specific add-on page only. The output for the page is coming when loaded the link directly in browser. But when it is loaded in Jira, it throws an error. Attached the screenshots.

Capture.PNGpicturemessage_ho3h3miu.e42.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

Thank you for the details and screenshots, Nareshkanna.

Can you check with your administrator if there are no updates for this add-on?

Also, to be honest, I didn't find this add-on on our marketplace, so I'm not sure what can be causing this issue, because I couldn't test. 

Please, talk to your administrator and also, let us know the name of the vendor of the add-on, so we can also check their documentation or similar issues.

Abirami Selvaraj June 14, 2020

Hi Angelica,

We were using our own customized Add-on in JIRA for quite a long time. We upload the app URL to the to JIRA (settings ->Manage apps -> apps -> upload app) with development mode enabled.

Software used for hosting: Ngrok, NodeJS

For the past few weeks we are not able to load it.

Error:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/While-loading-the-jira-page-it-shows-error/qaq-p/1397053?utm_campaign=&utm_content=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm#M50776

Can you please check and tell what would possibly cause this error to come up on console.

Thanks
Abirami Selvaraj

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2020

Thank you for the information, Abirami.

Could you please add the error again? I see that you posted the link to this question instead of the error.

Checking the details previously shared, we have some assumptions:

Back in February, it was announced a change regarding the hosting location of all.js. For more details, please read the blog below:

Also, there is a possibility for breakage using ngrok, so it's recommended to use a proper host, it would be more stable.

Since you are using your own add-on, for future question, we suggest using our developer community: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Abirami Selvaraj August 19, 2020

Hi Angelica,

While trying to update NPM according to the steps provided in the above link, we are getting the following error.

C:\Users\Prodapt\jira-cusboard>npm install atlassian-connect-express@* --save
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://git
hub.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm ERR! path C:\Users\Prodapt\jira-cusboard\node_modules\sqlite3\node_modules\n
ode-pre-gyp\node_modules\mkdirp\node_modules\minimist
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\Users\Prodapt\jira
-cusboard\node_modules\sqlite3\node_modules\node-pre-gyp\node_modules\mkdirp\nod
e_modules\minimist' -> 'C:\Users\Prodapt\jira-cusboard\node_modules\sqlite3\node
_modules\node-pre-gyp\node_modules\mkdirp\node_modules\.minimist.DELETE'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\Prodapt\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-08-19T07_42_1
0_749Z-debug.log

Kindly help us to resolve the issue. Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2020

Hello Abirami,

Thank you for sharing the logs.

Checking this error, this is an NPM issue and it's not related to Jira.

We found this discussion and there are many people facing the same issue:

I would suggest checking on forums like the above or reach out to our developer community. Since it's not an issue with Jira, there is nothing much we can do here.

Suggest an answer