Which subscription do I need so I can assign roles and make projects/tasks private?

Franco Rossi November 14, 2020

I have the free version of Jira and it´s awesome. Just need to confirm if ´Confluence´ is the subscription I need in order to assign users and roles to some projects (so I can have some private tasks only shared to some members of the team).

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2020

Hi Franco - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Confluence is not used to assign roles in Jira. In Jira you need to go to Settings > User Management to manage users.

But under the Free license you do not have the ability to manage roles and permissions that way. 

Franco Rossi November 14, 2020

Thanks John! It´s still not clear to me which subscription should I get in order to manage teams, roles and permissions. Whenever I click on add subscription it sends me to a list of different services, but I´m not sure which to choose!

Thanks again for your help!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2020

It depends on your needs - any plan greater then the "Free" plan will allow you to set 'Project permissions'

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Matthew May 18, 2022

If I have under 10 Users but want to use Roles/Groups/Permissions, do I need to upgrade the subscription of just the administrator or all Users?

Many thanks.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hey Matthew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For Jira Cloud, everything is based on the total number of active users. So it would apply to all users. 

Like Matthew likes this
Matthew May 18, 2022

Many thanks.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS