Which groups are local groups?

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi

How do we know which groups are local groups in JIRA (Vs the ones from LDAP).

I am changing from one LDAP to another LDAP and I read that local group memberships are lost. 

All my directories are Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

0 votes
Alberto Aragón June 19, 2020

SQL query:

select * from cwd_group where local = 1
Attila Salánki January 4, 2021

Hi @Alberto Aragón

Could you help me, I would like to know the reverse, that what groups comes from individual Directory, not from Internal Directory.  What does "1" mean after the "local ="?

It is the directory ID?

Thank you,

Attila

Alberto Aragón March 10, 2021

Hi Attila!

This field is a boolean that indicates if the group is local or not.

Best regards.

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

Hello Peter

In my groups I see a list of about 2000+ groups, I guess most of them are from LDAP. Just would like to know how to differentiate between groups that are from LDAP Vs which are created locally.

Thanks

Abe

LeAnne Sobota June 6, 2019

Ditto.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2016

Hi Abraham,

Local Groups are the one created and managed inside JIRA.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-groups-185729462.html

Cheers,
Peter T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events