Where in Jira Cloud can I find the Jira State ID number?

GregPearson August 12, 2021

I'm trying to validate in Jira Align that my Jira states and Jira Align states are properly mapped. I suspect the ID number of one Jira state is incorrect in the Jira Align mapping (format is completely different that all the others, see below). Where in Jira can I find the state ID numbers to confirm the correct ID number?

Jira ID.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

It wants the id of the status in Jira.  The default status in Jira are numbered 1-6 simply because Jira 1.  All custom status, including ones added by apps and applications start at 10,000 and rise (not necessarily consecutively) as you add more.

Log in as an admin, go to Admin -> Issues -> Status and then hover your cursor over the "edit" link to the right hand side of each stats - your browser will show the link as <something>?id=x

x is the ID of the status that Align wants.

By the way, 3 is usually "in progress", so you might want to do some renaming ;-)

GregPearson August 13, 2021

Thank you, that got me what I needed. Looking into the mapping overall, I didn't implement the tool so not sure what they were thinking on this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

I think they, like most of us, looked at it all and weren't 100% sure, so they did their best!   There's nothing wrong with the thinking in your screenshot, it's just worth confirming that it's actually right given your Jira and Align desired config.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events