Where has 'Add Watchers' gone in the new JIRA view?

Viewing page 2 of 2

48 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Rodolfo Marrero February 11, 2020

No fixes yet? This looks pretty self-inflicted... 

0 votes
RentalHost December 3, 2019

Just cannot understand why they are breaking things that are critical to us.  What benefit are they deriving from this?  It's certainly not to make customers happy.

0 votes
Sahi Balmuri September 24, 2019

Hi,

This is still an issue both in the old and the new view.

Adding watchers is a very useful feature. Can you tell when this will be available?

thanks

Sahi

0 votes
Catalin Dorneanu July 16, 2019

In order to activate the feature, you need to enable the Manage Watchers permission in the project's Permission schema to the roles you need.

0 votes
Brett Farrell June 26, 2019

I find that I can add watchers now in some projects and not in others (Jira cloud)

The permisssions is po complex I'm not diving in just yet to look why...... but it seems there is sometimes a way

0 votes
Henry Cho May 26, 2019

Please add the functionality.  It's absence causes what would otherwise be avoidable distress among team members.

0 votes
Anthony Brittis May 6, 2019

I was one of the original people that reported this issue.  In my version of Jira Cloud - I can now add watchers by clicking on the watcher's "circle"... so for me... the issue seems fixed.

0 votes
John Schuster May 6, 2019

I am in the new view on a cloud instance and recently we saw the eyeball appear in the upper right corner of a JIRA, clock on it to add watchers.

2019-05-06_16-15-20.png

and this is what get when you click on the magic eye

2019-05-06_16-19-04.png

Amna Fayyaz May 6, 2022

Hi John, I'm unable to add watchers. can you please guide me how to added this?

0 votes
Jason May 6, 2019

Am I stuck in old view or is this fixed in the new view now? I have the eye econ now and can add/view watchers again.

Robert Janssen May 6, 2019

Agreed, fixed for me in new view as well now.

0 votes
Janice Warren May 4, 2019

Agreed. Please restore the ability to add watchers when creating a new issue.

0 votes
gblee January 29, 2019

Please return it!

0 votes
Isaac Davenport January 14, 2019

In the cloud version, this feature recently showed up in the two cloud instances I use, I can click the tablet icon for the number of watchers on an issue I didn't create and add someone other than me as a watcher now.AddWatchers.jpg

Nik Vseer February 21, 2020

That looks like the old view, not the new one which has an "eye" icon for watchers.

0 votes
Robert Janssen January 14, 2019

Trying to explain to my user base how to get access to this as well...

Having ability to add other watchers is basic functionality that we all need.

Surprised it's taking over 9 months to build this...

0 votes
Christopher Duncan January 11, 2019

hat have you done! Removing a critical feature??? Ignoring your user base's feedback? I'm going tp recommend to our Eng leadership that we start looking for an alternative product.

0 votes
Isaac Davenport January 10, 2019

We also need this feature.

0 votes
Simon Podboraczynski January 7, 2019

same problem, adding to the frustration as our organisation found this useful as well 

0 votes
Anthony Brittis October 16, 2018

I just opened a new question here:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Where-has-Add-Watchers-gone-in-the-new-JIRA-view/qaq-p/916905#M38614

Feel free to chime in there.  I can't believe this was removed.

0 votes
Priyank September 13, 2018

we also have same issue on watchers, no one knows if issue has some updates. old version we can add watchers and get that notifications.  Please fix this.

0 votes
Diego Chahin September 11, 2018

Is there a community manager that can at least offer where we are with this? This thread feels abandoned. Maybe this is something we should be all posting elsewhere

calvin September 11, 2018

Probably because this question is being considered "answered".   We should post a new question.

Carol McDonnell September 12, 2018

I posted this a few weeks ago because I hadn't found this post yet.  All they really did was direct me to this post.  No resolution.  I won't "answer" my ticket.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-can-you-see-the-watchers-of-a-ticket-in-the-new-JIRA-UI/qaq-p/875324#M37743

0 votes
Chitwan Malhotra September 6, 2018

We add and remove watchers all the time, JIRA will be frustrating to use without this feature.  People are complaining about JIRA in our Org. not good.

0 votes
Scott Saccone August 29, 2018

If I end up having to use the new view without an "add watchers" button, is there another way for me to have my team members watch issues? Must I manually email them and ask them to watch an issue? Or perhaps comment on the issue with "@name" tags? Thanks.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Hi @Jason Lewis,

just click on the number of watchers:

image.png

Jason Lewis April 16, 2018

You cant that is the OLD VIEW, the new view literally only allows you as the user to watch.

See screenshot

Watchers.png

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

It‘s the latest view I see on Jira Cloud. I will have a look at that tomorrow 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2018

Sorry, I looked at a Software project, not a business project with a core board. My fault.

@kai gave you the correct answer, I think. 

Suggest an answer