When I update Due Date in Issue A, I want to transition Issue B (in same Epic) to 'Done'

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi all

I can't get my automation to work.  I have a number of epics in my project, with each epic having the same 11 Tasks in them.  All 11 have the following convention "NAME - Task A" "NAME - Task B", etc.   The 'name' is different for each epic.

I want Task A to update to 'Done' when a due date is entered for Task B

image.png

Anyone any tips on what I'm doing wrong?  The issue I'm getting is that 'No related issues could be found'

Appreciate any help here!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Liam Green 

Is this Classic or NextGen?  And, are you saying the Branch is finding no sibling stories for the Epic?

Maybe add a log action prior to the branch to see the issue type of the triggering issue, and its parent, to confirm what is happening.

Best regards,

Bill

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

It's classic, and yes - the branch is finding no siblings.  The trigger issue is a Task, all the issues in the epic are tasks.  I wanted to use JQL to search the epic for any Tasks with a summary ~ "- Scheduled" (as there should only be one in each) but "epic link" = {{triggerissue.epiclink}} didn't work

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2021

Gotcha.  Please try {{issue.epic link}}

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2021

Perfect Bill, thank you so much!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events