When I create a Jira ticket from a slack comment can I make it send notification to my private chann

Alicia Cuevas June 2, 2020

Currently,

I have a slack Jira integration

When I create a Jira ticket in the space it sends a notification to my private slack channel. Now, I want to be able to allow users to create Jira tickets from slack comments in any slack channel and allow it to send a notification to my private slack channel. Can I do this and if so how?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

Hi Alicia, welcome to the Community!

Using the official Jira Cloud for Slack app, you can create Jira issues in Slack pretty quickly. Since you've already got your Slack workspace connected to Jira, you should see an option in Slack's action menu for a message called "Create issue from":

image.png

Clicking this will have Slack walk you though what's necessary to create a Jira issue! You'll enter a summary for the issue, and then choose which project and issue type to use.

From there, you can get a notification based on which project they create the issue in. Your private channel will need to have a subscription to all the Jira projects you want to receive notifications from. If you need to check which projects your private channel has subscriptions for, you can type /jira manage in the private channel.

Happy to answer more questions if you need more info!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer