What is the correct CPE to search for Jira Software Cloud and Confluence Cloud?

Rebecca Hopper November 30, 2022

We are searching the NVD for cpe:2.3:a:atlassian:jira:-:*:*:*:*:*:*:* and it is coming back with a lot of vulnerabilities.  However, they all specify Jira Server and Data Center, and we are using Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud.

What is the correct CPE (specific product and or version) string to search for Jira Software Cloud and Confluence Cloud?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rebecca Hopper December 16, 2022

Sorry, it is correct that I was referring to National Vulnerability Database and Common Platform Enumeration.  There are other posts in this forum discussing this, so assumed everyone would know those acronyms.  So if Jira Cloud is using the latest version of Jira Server and Jira Data Center, I guess we could search on that.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Jira Cloud doesn't "use" those products. Jira Cloud is a different product from Jira Server and Jira Data Center. 

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question. If you are a paying customer of Atlassian I would suggest that you have your administrators open a support case with Atlassian and ask them for the information. And it would be lovely if you posted back here what you learn.

Like Rebecca Hopper likes this
Rebecca Hopper January 9, 2023

I opened a support case, and the final answer was:

"Atlassian does not publish CPE in NVD for our Cloud Products to the client."

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

I'm afraid you are unlikely to get an answer to this, your language is impenetrable to most of us.

Please explain your TLAs at least (Neutral Voltage Displacement?  Common Phase Error?)

But we can answer one little part of it - Cloud's version is "latest".  Atlassian released frequently and often, and you have to assume that the version is simply "latest"

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Just a guess, but I think the acronyms relate to this:

https://nvd.nist.gov/products/cpe

NVD - National Vulnerability Database

CPE - Common Platform Enumeration

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Probably, but we can't be 100% sure.  Fortunately, if that is what they mean, then "Cloud's version = latest" is the right answer!

Suggest an answer