What is the best way to group related issues together so that you can report on related issues?

Mack More August 28, 2019

I have the use case where I need to link related issues to each other. I understand how to link the issues but I also need to have a way to relate to these as a group in a container. They aren't user stories that roll up to an epic, but they are customer requirements that are related to our internal issues. We have a test case management tool that links back to our internal issues but not the related issues, yet we wan to see the test and results of these test on all issues.

Does anyone have a suggestion for this use case?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Hello Mack,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When you mention Related issues, I understand you are talking about the default issue link functionality as described in this documentation. Is it correct?

Since there are no restrictions to what issues can be linked to any issues, it is hard to create a list or group of all linked issues together since a single issue can be linked to multiple issues and those multiple issues can be linked to other multiple issues, JIRA would not have a definition of how to sort/group those issues together.

That being said, you can easily create separated JQL queries to returning the related issues of a specific one, like this:

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey)

Optionally, you can also define the link type you would like to display:

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey,linkType)

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events