What is the JavaScript event to use in lfWatch for page load ?

Sadek Joma'a October 25, 2015

Hi,

I am learning to use JJUPIN Live Fields. I want a script to be run once a create screen is opened. My main script is like this:

lfWatch("summary", {"summary" "issueType"}, "test.sil", {"change"});

The problem i that this will only be called when the summary field is changed. instead, I want it to be called automatically once the screen is loaded with out the need for the user to do anything. I have tried many events instead of "change" like : "load" and "loadend" but it did not work. What is the event I should use for that?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2015

Hi Sadek,

I am assuming that you want to do something with summary and issueType when the page loads and you have argv["summary"] in test.sil.

You should use the test.sil directly as main Live Fields SIL script, with only one change: use summary and issueType instead of their argv[".."] version. Their values will be the field values from DB.

If you also want to get the live value from the screen(that might not be saved yet in DB, like on the edit screen), your current approach is correct.

Hope this helps,

Silviu

Thanks for the quick response! My case is the second one: I need to read the screen value of the issue type. I need to hide the summary field and pre-populate it with a value only if the issue type is xyz. The problem I am facing is that I could not call test.sil directly when the create screen is loaded. Some field has to change for that to happen. Is there an event that can do that for me? Sadek

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2015

Usually, for create screen you need lfInstantHook. You have some examples on Kepler documentation site.

Thanks. That is exactly what I need. The documentation page is here for reference: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP30/lfInstantHook

0 votes
Roman Akhmetov August 22, 2019

Hello! Is it possible to use this functions to hide field on customer portal? For example, summary contains "1234" and field priority hides itself on portal?

Suggest an answer