What is name of the property to extract fixversion of epic?

Nikhil August 29, 2022

Hi,

I am using REST API to get some information from Jira using Python. Could you please guide me how to get the fixversions of the Epics in Jira?

I am trying :

issue.fields.versions['name']

in my code to get the fixversion. Please guide.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hello @Nikhil 

Have you already executed a REST API call to retrieve all the issue data? If so, show us that line of code.

Are you trying to find an API call to get just the Fix Version data for a single issue?

Are you using python to call the native REST API, or are you trying to use the Jira PyPI package?

Nikhil August 29, 2022

Jir API Code.png

Nikhil August 29, 2022

Attached is the code snippet that I am using to get details about issues in Jira. I have highlighted the code where I am looking for the fixversion of the issue.

Like Sarah Santo likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

I see you are using the PyPI package.

I believe the name for the field is "fixVersions". Fix Versions is a multi-select list, like Components, so to get the values from it look at the example for get Component values.

Nikhil September 1, 2022

Can you share a link on how to get Component values? It would help me with some other values I am looking to get from Jira.
Thank you.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

Examples are in the Jira PyPI package documentation. 

https://jira.readthedocs.io/examples.html

Suggest an answer