What are the ways to store value (variables) persistently in groovy?

Siavosh Kasravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2020

I know about 

import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.util.OSPropertyPersister

def pluginSettings = OSPropertyPersister.getPluginSettings()

def key = "key"
def value = "my-value"

// save value against key
pluginSettings.put(key, value)

// retrieve value for key
def savedValue = pluginSettings.get(key)

But is there any other way to store data for later use in scripts? For example suppose I have a counter which is incremented for a specific kind of issue and I want to read it later...

1 answer

0 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

Hi there,

I presume this data you wish to store is not in context of An issue or A project, but rather for the whole instance?

In that case, have you considered adding a table tot the Jira (or other accessible) database?

From groovy you could then access this data, this KB article should help you on your way:
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.4/jira/recipes/misc/connecting-to-databases.html

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,

Jeroen

Siavosh Kasravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

This is exactly what I am looking for. Is there a suggested way or guideline to add tables tot Jira database?

Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2020

Hi,

Just creating tables in the Jira DB is strongly discouraged, since Jira will probably ignore these tables during upgrades etc ...
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-to-insert-a-custom-table-to-JIRA-DB/qaq-p/424568

A few options:

Regards,

Jeroen

Suggest an answer