We have added a new field and want to capture if left empty.

David Mortimer April 29, 2022

We have added a new field to one of our Jira  project types and I want create a filter to capture if this field is left empty, following a step in the process that requires another field to be populated 

project = "Project Name" AND "Initial Doc Sent" is not EMPTY and assignee = Name and created (after April 01 2022) 

The part in the brackets is what I need assistance on. 

I don't want to go through the historical jira entries that we created before April 1st 20222

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Should be able to just use: 

AND created >= 2022-04-01

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Try this...

project = "Project Name" AND "Initial Doc Sent" is not EMPTY and assignee = Name and Created > 2022-04-01 

note that you mentioned you wanted to track if the issue was left empty. The above returns everything that is not empty. I assume that's what you want but it conflicts with what you asked above.

David Mortimer May 2, 2022

@Jack Brickey - Thanks for the advice, the last bit was indeed the bit I needed and the wells potted is not EMPTY instead of is EMPTY, i had already spotted, but thanks for the assistance 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events