Version Picker (Single Version) Causing Issues

AndrewB October 6, 2015

I'm not able to use Version Picker (Single Version) custom field. I have issues loading forms that prompt the user with the field. I haven't been able to find any documentation of this on-line so far.

I do not have any issues when the project doesn't have any versions. Once I add 1 version, then the problems start appearing.

After I add a version to the project, I can successfully create a single issue using the version picker field. When I attempt to edit that issue the form hangs trying to load. It also hangs if I try and hit the Create button to create another issue. To get around this I have to navigate to a different project, then hit Create, and then switch the project back to my test project. This makes the field pretty unusable for my users.

Testing:

(Using Chrome)
Steps:

1. Added Target Release (Version Picker single choice custom field) to integrated problem screen on staging.
  2. Hit create - selected Problem (wasn't first choice) - form loaded without any errors
  3. Versions loaded in custom field - picked r07.00.01 - hit create - created problem w/ correct value in field
  4. Was able to view
  5. Hit edit - form got stuck loading
  6. Hit create - form got stuck loading
  7. Went into Dev Ops project - hit create (auto chooses Dev Ops project that doesn't have target release custom field) - form loaded fine
  8. Changed project to SCOS - error occured when loading form (custom field still shows up w/ valid choices)
  9. Can either ignore or X out of error to continue as normal

Summary:

• After initial Problem creation, form gets stuck loading if the project/issue type selections default to one that will show the version picker on the screen loading.
  • After initial Problem creation, if project/issue type selections default to one without version picker on screen, then switching to one that does will throw an error.

(Using FireFox)
Same as above except no error is thrown on step 8.

Error Message:

An error occured

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Exception: Uncaught Cannot create CheckboxMultiSelect without multiple-select select element.

Resource: http://172.22.128.245:8080/s/33328391c75c558106396ce6b20698ce-CDN/en_US-z6vmdv/64021/82/38/_/download/superbatch/js/batch.js?locale-en-US

Line: 810

Column: 69

I haven't had any of these issues when using Version Picker (mutli-select)

Release/Unreleased doesn't change the issues.

Having 0 issues doesn't cause problems - 1 or more does.

Is there some special configuration for using Version Picker (Single Version) that I'm not aware of?

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Can anyone help resolve this issue please?

Current version of JIRA: 6.4.6

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

The error you're getting suggests some broken javascript, but I'm not getting that in the JIRA 6.4.6 I have access to, and the reference to creating a multi-select instead of single select makes me think there's something unusual in your config.

Are you using any "behaviours" from the script-runner add-on?  Or customised javascript of any sort?

AndrewB October 7, 2015

Not using any behaviours. I do have some customized JavaScript on a couple of fields, but not on the version picker field. The fields with JavaScript aren't on the screen that the version picker is on though.

AndrewB October 7, 2015

I created a new project using "Simple Issue Tracking", created new Version Picker single version custom field, put the version picker field onto the new project's screens, and still getting the errors. This new project isn't using any customization that I've set up.

Suggest an answer