Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

User unable to create sprint

Edited

Hello,

Small, I suppose, question.

After migration from Jira Cloud do Jira DataCenter some users reporting me, that they are not able to click "Create sprint".

Fliter query on board is like "project = XXX OR issuekey in (yyy-1234) ORDER BY Rank ASC"

When i'm checking in Permission helper for XXX project it shows, that user is able to Manage Sprints (I suppose to start sprint is necessary to have this premission).

Where can be problem?

Jira Data Center v8.7.1

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Wojciech Górski

Simple question first - is Project XXX and Issue YYY-1234 in the same project?

If not, users would need "Manage Sprints" for both Project XXX and YYY to create sprints in this board, as both projects are part of the filter.

Ste

Hello, Stephen,

Thank you for the extremely quick response!

Project XXX and isse are in different projects.

And in Permission scheme there is group called "Can manage Sprints" in both projects.

I red some topics in this matter, but nothing helped. 

What should I check more?

Hi @Wojciech Górski

You could check what group or role has access to the permission "Manage Sprints"

• If the permission is assigned to a group, each user will need to be in this group to have access to the button.
  • If the permission is assigned to a project role, each user will need that project role within both projects.

You could also try modifying the search query to specify the other project - I sometimes find without specifics it can cause problems for the board - so for example:

project = XXX OR (project = YYY and key = yyy-1234) ORDER BY Rank ASC

^ This specifies two projects and ensures no ambiguity within the "key" part of the query.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events