Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User unable to create sprint Edited

Hello,

Small, I suppose, question.

After migration from Jira Cloud do Jira DataCenter some users reporting me, that they are not able to click "Create sprint".

Fliter query on board is like "project = XXX OR issuekey in (yyy-1234) ORDER BY Rank ASC"

When i'm checking in Permission helper for XXX project it shows, that user is able to Manage Sprints (I suppose to start sprint is necessary to have this premission).

Where can be problem?

Jira Data Center v8.7.1

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Wojciech Górski

Simple question first - is Project XXX and Issue YYY-1234 in the same project?

If not, users would need "Manage Sprints" for both Project XXX and YYY to create sprints in this board, as both projects are part of the filter.

Ste

Hello, Stephen,

Thank you for the extremely quick response!

Project XXX and isse are in different projects.

And in Permission scheme there is group called "Can manage Sprints" in both projects.

I red some topics in this matter, but nothing helped. 

What should I check more?

Hi @Wojciech Górski

You could check what group or role has access to the permission "Manage Sprints"

• If the permission is assigned to a group, each user will need to be in this group to have access to the button.
  • If the permission is assigned to a project role, each user will need that project role within both projects.

You could also try modifying the search query to specify the other project - I sometimes find without specifics it can cause problems for the board - so for example:

project = XXX OR (project = YYY and key = yyy-1234) ORDER BY Rank ASC

^ This specifies two projects and ensures no ambiguity within the "key" part of the query.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

263 views 7 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you