User's name in assignee field shows as plain text instead of JIRA name link

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

In one of our JIRA projects, when a component is chosen, sub tasks are automatically created and assigned to users.

For one user however, their name in JIRA becomes plain text in the assignee field until we switch it to someone else and then back to them.

How this is scripted:

1. Workflow post function [create --- to do]
  2. Add post funciton
  3. Scriptrunner - Script Post Function
  4. Create sub task
  5. Condition:

import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.ProjectComponent
    import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

for(ProjectComponent projectComponent: issue.getComponentObjects()){
    if(projectComponent.getName().equals("xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"))
    return true
    }
    return false

6. issue.assigneeId = "Katie.Txxxxxxx"

For every other post function we script, their names show up properly, but this user does not. Katie's items need to be assigned to someone else, then back to her for her name to show up like all other JIRA users. She also does not get the notifications when the issue is created (how they want it).

Any ideas? I verified her name shows up properly in the system.  This only happens to this one user.

katie.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

hi @Jonathan Smith I remember we had a problem with this and it was "userKey" vs "userName" problem. If this user is one whose username was changed in the past, it might be the same problem.

So Katie.Txxxxxxx is maybe userKey and you need to use userName or vice versa... give it a try and let me know, pls :)

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  That might be the situation however in step 6 the only code is issue.assigneeId = "Katie.Txxxxxxx" . 

Where are you suggesting I update userkey/username value?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2020

@Jonathan Smith I mean...you have user with attributes

• userkey = xx
  • username = yy

We dont know which of these attributes is Katie.Txxxxxx. So you have to find out username and userkey for this user.

You can do it in scriptconsole and use UserManager component and methods getUserByKey or getUserByName.

(sorry but I'm on vacation with horrible internet connectivity,so if it won't help you,I will provide you correct script on Monday)

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__  

• Verified that the user key and lower_user_name were different in the database. 

What is odd is the previous post functions work fine for the user, it is only this newly created post function.

Note: I have the scriptconsole, however I don't seem to have a selection for UserManager.

a.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2020

hi @Jonathan Smith could you give it a try and use

issue.assigneeId = "kwxxxxxxx"

and let me know if it helped... 

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2020

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

Using kwxxxxxxxxxx worked...  Going to have to remember to use maiden names in these scripts.

Thank you!

Jonathan

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2020

@Jonathan Smith great, happy to hear I helped you :), yeah these identifiers are quite tricky in Atlassian tools (sometimes :))

Suggest an answer