Upgrading to Jira 8.22.6 and it needs MS SQL 2017 and above

Chris Boyes November 24, 2022

I upgrade to Jira 8.22.6 and the health check shows MS SQL 2014 is not supported.
Most staff use Jira SAAS in the cloud now but we have a few users still using on prem but with no JIRA applications being used.
All projects seemed to be working and while I accept there is a risk I see no functional impact with Jira 8.22.6 connected to MS SQL 2014 and its only going to be for a short time until we migrate on prem JIRA completely to cloud.
What are the rist staying with this?
Appreciate any help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Hello @Chris Boyes ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

It is always recommended from Atlassian to have the database compatible with your Jira.

As you mentioned it will work 8.22.6 with MS SQL 2014 but some of operation might not work properly.

It is always recommended to have the supported version of database.

Regards,
Mayur

Chris Boyes November 24, 2022

I appreciate that but this is only a stop gap measure and Atlassian have said it should not stop you migrating from on prem into the cloud which we plan to do soon.
Only reason we went to 8.22.6 was due to the fact our version was a significant vulnerability and cybersecurity was pushing me to get this upgrade done asap

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Understood, yeah but it won't stop to migrate the data, but it is recommended. Great you have confirmation from Atlassian.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2023

@Chris Boyes i hope the provided information was helpful. Please hit the accept button.

Suggest an answer