Upgrade Jira Server v7.9.2 to v8.5

Rodrigo Alvarez Topa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2020

Hi community!! 

Can anyone confirm if this upgrade can he done directly or if an intermediate version should be reached first? 

We know that we will need a database migration as the actual oracle version is not supported.

Any recomendación, besides following the atlassian upgrade kb?

Thanks  in advance

Rodrigo 

2 answers

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Rodrigo Alvarez Topa ,

I recommend you to take a look in this page as well, there are a few considerations such as a known bug 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-7-13-to-jira-8-5-long-term-support-release-upgrade-guide-978222300.html

Also Atlassian have created a Trello board with some useful steps to do during the upgrade, you can copy that board and use during your staging instance,

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2020

Hi @Rodrigo Alvarez Topa , 

this is an upgrade that you can do directly : no need for intermediate upgrades.

In my experience, the only thing that can break when upgrading to Jira 8.5 is the addons compatibility. I've found it easier to just move the content of JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins/* somewhere else and then reinstall the plugins from the admin interface.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer