I've got a Server install of JIRA 7.3.2. I've been building out some custom issue types before we begin using it in production. I created several issue types, added them to the scheme for the project, and everything looks fine. I also renamed the "Bug" issue type to different text because bugs are "bad".
When I go into the create screen, I see all of the issue types that are in the scheme for this project. However, "Bug" is still "Bug" not my "Change Needed" text. Also, the icons for the new issue types remain as the default. Once I've created an issue, Issue type and icon display as expected. I've done normal browser troubleshooting as I'd expect (cleared cache, cycled the browser, etc) but I'm still stuck.
I just found (based on above answers that, even easier --- in any/all applicable "Issue type schemes" simply *move* the affected issue type up or down in the list (drag and drop), and *save* - and the text will now be correct. You can now move it back to original position if wanted. Not something you should have to do but it works.
Because we won't be using "Bug" and I'd rather limit extraneous issue types. It's an option, but that would just give me yet another issue type that's displaying the default icon in the Create Issue dropdown for issue type, which is the other issue I've run into.
I ran into the exact same issue (also on JIRA server version 7.3.2) when updating the name and changing the icons of a few custom issue types.
I tried resaving the updates to the issue types, updating the issue type scheme, and doing a full re-index. Nothing worked. I even created a new issue type scheme using the updated issue types (thinking maybe the old issue type scheme was hung up is cache) and while it would show the changed issue type name and icons in the issue type drop down menu, as soon as you selected one it would revert back tot he previous version.
Finally I figured out that if you restart your JIRA instance the updates will be displayed as expected. However, restarting JIRA every time you make a change to an issue type is not a great solution for a production environment.
We had the same issue and the edit and save did the trick.
Though we couldn't update the default issue type scheme, because we have so many issue types and the request URI is too long when we try to save it.
We are not using the default issue type scheme, so it's not a big deal, but this way it shows the "old" name. And AFAIK there is no way to remove the issue types from the default scheme.
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events