Updated Column add-ons

Paul Mosca October 6, 2021

hi Community

Id like to confirm if Jira supports a feature that I used with other ticket management software.

Currently, the Jira 'Updated' column shows when a ticket was last updated - however, is Jira also able to show how many unread updates are available for a particular ticket?

In other systems, the updated column would show a small number in red next to Updated field.

thanks

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Jira doesn't track when you last looked at an issue, so, no, there's no data being trapped that could answer the question

I suspect it's mainly because there are a lot of ways to do it - did you last look at it when it turned up in a report?  A gadget?  It's on a board you have open?  Obviously a plain issue view will be "last looked at", but when it's on display as part of a search and you click on it in the issue navigator (which isn't the full issue view)?

Paul Mosca October 10, 2021

thank you Nic, its not so much when I last looked at it, Id like to know when a client responds to their ticket, in other systems, it showed this on the last updated column with a number alongside it to show how many times that user has responded....so basically Id like to know if it can show somehow the number of unread updates a client has made to their ticket?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Again, Jira is not trapping any information about when you've "read" an issue update, so there's no way to do this.

Suggest an answer