Unrequire Fields Based on Resolution Type

Paige Fincher May 24, 2019

Currently, a workflow is set to require three fields when a ticket is closed.

However, if a ticket is closed for reason "Duplicate" we do not want these fields to be required.

How can I set this up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 24, 2019

How do you require the fields? Through the Field Configuration Scheme or the workflow validators? If it's through the workflow, I'm assuming you use the Validator.

The 3 fields make this difficult. If it was only one, you could add a condition with the Value Field (assuming you have JSU), setting the Resolution = Duplicate, and having that be one condition. You could then add another condition for value field, setting it to be not empty, effectively requiring it. You would then set the Workflow to go with "Any of the following Conditions" instead of All, and remove the validator. Since there are 3 fields, this would require any of the 4 conditions, and would only make one required. 

The easiest way I can see would be to add a separate transition to Closed. You can name it "Duplicate", and it would show up as a separate button next to Close. This Duplicate transition would not have the workflow validator that requires the fields. You could even add a validator that sets the resolution to duplicate. 

Paige Fincher May 24, 2019

Hello Devin,

We are using workflow validators.

I will try your suggestion adding a seperate transition, although this isn't the perfect solution.

Thank you though! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events