Under custom view filter, can I prioritize the view with commented issues?

janne.hilden August 6, 2021

I have created custom filters for our bugs under Issue-page.

I re-check issues regularly and it would be nice, if I could sort out all checked issues (commented) as first in the page, with some marking that is checked. I could not find the solution for this, is there any?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Hi @janne.hilden

without Apps it could be impossible to reach the initial intention - however, are you open to process adaptions?
For example you could transition an issue to a status that reflects you read the last content - when colleagues want to leave a new comment for you they would transition back to "open" or "in progress" (according to your choice and preference).

Alternative would be to label the issues with "read" - however, colleagues would need to remove it when they want to leave a comment for you so you can filter is easily - sounds clunky as well.

You would have to consider if that all is suitable. Generally speaking this is indeed something automation rules (no matter of which vendor) can show what they are able to.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi @janne.hilden 

I don't know any standard solutions. There are scriptrunnner JQL functions that could be used.

issueFunction not in hasComments()

You could also create a scripted field to display the checked issues.

janne.hilden August 9, 2021

Thanks! I'll check if this could be helpful solution.

With first sight and first try with JQL:

Unfortunately:

"Field 'comment' does not support sorting."

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

Hi @janne.hilden 

Do you have Scriptrunner?

You could create a scripted field to report number of comments and sort on that. (I seem to remember you may need the free natural searchers plugin to sort scripted fields)

Thanks for advice! I don't have Scriptrunner, yet. I need to check it out.

I found "ScriptRunner for Jira" from plugins and the price is way too much for my purpose at this point. 115€/month only for sorting usage, I don't think so...

Of course there would me much more features available and abilities to use it, but we don't need them right now.

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2021

Understand that

there are lighter/cheaper plugins that just provide custom fields for jira

"Comment Custom Fields for Jira"

Suggest an answer