Unable to start sprint due to active sprint in another project

Sigurd Saue January 7, 2020

I have a master project MASTER with a filter that includes 4 other projects: SUBA, SUBB, SUBC and SUBD. I want to create sprints in all five projects and view them in the MASTER board. However, I am not able to start the sprint in the MASTER project and the explanation given is that there is an active sprint in SUBD. It appears as if the sprint in SUBD belongs to both SUBD and MASTER, and I am not able to start a new sprint in either of these projects due to the same active sprint.

The active sprint in this case is named "SUBD Sprint 2".  When I create a new sprint in MASTER (or in SUBD) it is automatically named as "SUBD Sprint 3" in both projects. 

Is there a way to avoid this and create a MASTER Sprint instead?

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Sigurd Saue,

I'm not sure if this is viable for you at all, but one option I can think of is to plan and start the sprint from MASTER, and then use Quick Filters to swap between SUBA, SUBB, SUBC, and SUBD. But for this to work, SUBA, SUBB, SUBC and SUBD would have to be labels or components, rather than boards.

Hope that helps!

Sigurd Saue January 16, 2020

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure it will do the trick for us. SUBA - SUBD are all NextGen projects that have been running for a while, while MASTER is a classic project since that's the only one that allows us to include issues from several projects in one board.

I might be missing something essential about the relations between boards, labels, components and projects. I notice that your option does not use the word "project" at all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events