Unable to restore my Jira core

Francisco Gomez Balastegui February 11, 2021

An error occured during the import process.

Import again with a different backup file or get in touch with our support team. Include the steps you followed, along with any unique characteristics of your Jira setup.

• Jira is locked for import but no import could be found. This is likely to be a temporary issue and should clear up within one minute. If you continue to see this error, please contact support.

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2021

Hello @Francisco Gomez Balastegui,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the logs from your site, I was able to find out that the error happened while importing the users. 

Caused by: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.idp.client.exceptions.LicenceExceededException
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.mapStatusCodeException(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:530)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.mapInputStream(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:462)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.makeRequestWithEntityBody(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:436)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.IdentityPlatformClientImpl.importUser(IdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:270)
at com.atlassian.idp.client.PermsAwareIdentityPlatformClientImpl.importUser(PermsAwareIdentityPlatformClientImpl.java:94)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.lambda$importUser$2(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:82)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.wrapWithLogging(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:402)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.importUser(DelegatingLoggingIdentityPlatformClient.java:80)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.DefaultIdpSafeOperations.lambda$importUserReturningExisting$11(DefaultIdpSafeOperations.java:244)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.retry.Retryer$Retriable.call(Retryer.java:94)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.DefaultIdpSafeOperations.withRetry(DefaultIdpSafeOperations.java:317)

Since you are importing a backup to a Free site, the number of available seats is limited to 10 for Jira Software, Core, and Confluence and 3 for Service Management.

With this said, you can deactivate the users from the other site or remove them from groups and create a new backup or you can do it directly from the entities.xml. 

On the entities file, search for this information and change the active=1 to active=0. If you don’t know the groups they are members of, let only your account and other two as active since it’s the limit for Service Management.  

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" firstName="" lowerFirstName="" lastName="" lowerLastName="" displayName="" lowerDisplayName="" emailAddress="" lowerEmailAddress="" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

After that, zip the file and try to import it again.

If it shows any other error, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Francisco Gomez Balastegui February 13, 2021

Hi, @Angélica Luz @It is possible to you to restore my old site? I does not have any backup and it would be important to me to send one week or two week back.

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hello Francisco,

Here through community, we can’t access your old and new site in order to perform such steps. 

I can see that you are a site admin of four sites and a user of three sites, so if you need to restore one of the sites that you are not a site admin, you need to ask for the site admin to add you to the jira-administrators group, so you can create a backup to import to your new site.

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

Hi @Francisco Gomez Balastegui,

As mentioned in the error message, you should get in touch with Atlassian support via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/.  

Francisco Gomez Balastegui February 12, 2021

Hi, due to be a free account, when i select my url in the support.atlassian it redirect always to the community

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events