Unable to find newly created Custom field

Saurrab Chandra Gupta May 30, 2021

hi All,

I have created a custom field in jira board. I can see and add it as columns in Jira report but somehow field is not coming when tried on JQL query.

I see the similar behavior and its not coming in drop down of "Two dimensional  filter Statics" gadget. Am I missing any configuration?

Kindly let me know if you faced similar issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

You do not add fields to boards, do you mean you have added a field to a project and/or issue type (or globally)?

Only certain types of field can be used in the gadget you mention, so we need to know what type of field you have added.  

As for it not appearing in JQL, my guess would be that you deselected the default searcher, so the search cannot see the field (this would also stop the gadget seeing it, irrespective of the type)

Saurrab Chandra Gupta June 1, 2021

I added a custom field as per the need of my project and enabled it for Issue Type as Bug and Story Defect.  I am able to see this field and fill customized value as needed.  What do i need to do to add it in JQL query or gadget?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Could you read the second and third paragraphs of my comment and follow up what they say?

Saurrab Chandra Gupta June 2, 2021

Can you please let me know where I can find default searcher? I am unable to find it.. a screenshot will be highly appreciated.

Suggest an answer