Unable to configure Kanban board on Jira Software trial version

saira banu January 16, 2020

Hi,

I don't find the option to configure Kanban board on Jira Software

Can see Dashboards option, upon selection 'Add gadgets' is displayed. Please suggest the steps.

Saira

2 answers

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi @saira banu 

You need to use Jira Software for boards like Kanban or Scrum.

Jira Core provides only business projects which do not support Boards.

Hi Deepanshu,

I'm using Jira Software trial version which has 'Dashboards' option at the left side under Projects. when I create a dashboard it has Add Gadget option and I cannot see Create Kanban board. Can you suggest.Snapshot_Jira Dashboard.jpg

Attached snapshot 

Thanks,
Saira

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hi @saira banu 

When you say you can't configure a Kanban board, do you mean you cannot see the Kanban option at all?

Click the Board dropdown (in the left side) when you are in the project or issue view and select 'Create Board'. You will see something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.54.09 pm.png

Hi @len4fun

I've downloaded Jira Software trial version which does not has the option. There is a Dashboard option on the left side. Upon selection it displays 'Add gadget' option.

Create a board option is not displayed. Donno if this option is not available on Trial version.Snapshot_Jira Dashboard.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events