Unable to Import Issues with Epic (Parent) ID in Next Gen Projects

Jeremy Whittington May 6, 2020

I am not able to import new issues with an existing epic name/id. I have tried linking the parent id, but I get the following error.

Screenshot from 2020-05-06 17-19-44.png

I have searched and searched on how to enable the Epic Link, Parent, and any field that would help me do this but only the Parent ID is visible on the import.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hello @Jeremy Whittington

Thank you for reaching out.

Indeed, there are some bugs in Jira Next-gen that causes the CSV import/export functionality to don't work as expected, including the ability to link Epics to imported issues as you can see in the report below:

Ability to import issues with parent-child(epic-task) relationship to next-gen project 

These bugs are caused due to the Next-gen architecture which uses unique identities for each project, so they are not properly mapped in the External system import.

You can check the link below for more details:

Unable to perform direct migration of the project from cloud to cloud due to CSV import bugs with Next-Gen projects 

Feel free to vote and watch these bugs to increase its priority and also receive notifications about its fix implementation.

For now, if you need to use the CSV import functionality, we recommend you to migrate your issues to a Classic project by following the steps of the documentation below:

Migrate between next-gen and classic projects 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer