Two technical Atlassian Connect app - same vendor same product

Keren Levin June 2, 2020

Hi

We are implementing an Atlassian Connect app. Due to internal legal issues, we have one landscape for US and another for Europe. 

How do I enable installation from the marketplace for two different locations?  The app is the same... only the installation location is different. 

Thanks

Keren.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keren Levin June 14, 2020

Thank you very much for your response.

I would like to rephrase my question. 

Due to legal issues, I need to have one app in US data center and the other in EMEA data center. 

In installation time - I need each customer to authenticate to the required app.

Any way to direct customers in the marketplace to different technical connected apps?

Any other solution? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2020

No, this cannot work as you've described.

All apps need to work with your Atlassian system.  That system runs in one place.  Each individual app that works with it may be running on other servers, but the data is going through that Atlassian system that is in that place.  You have no say over where remote apps may be running.

If you mean you want to run two totally independent Atlassian systems, one in the US and another in EMEA, that's absolutely fine.  They'll have different locations, different sets of logins (even if they're shared) and be two separate systems.  If you then need apps for them, the apps will talk to the system they are associated with.

Like Keren Levin likes this
Keren Levin June 14, 2020

I am talking about two totally independent apps, each will have a different atlassian-connect file, and I don't know how to distribute them in the market place. Should I have 2 different offers? Is there a way to have one offer, with 2 different installations based on location?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

Yes, you can create two independant apps in the marketplace.

You won't be able to control who uses them though, or where they are based, so it's pretty much pointless.  I'd work on making the app globally compliant instead.

Like Keren Levin likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2020

A Cloud Jira install is created in a data-centre as near as possible to your initial access location (the algorithms don't always work, or take account of when you may have a sign-up from one region despite most of your people being in another)

There is no "location of an app install".  If it's an app that runs on the Cloud service, it runs where the service does.  If, like most apps, it runs on the vendor's machines, then it runs where they provision them.

Keren Levin June 13, 2020

Thank you for the response.

I will rephrase my question.

Due to legal requirements, I need to have two landscapes of my app : one in a data center located in the US and the other is located in EMEA.

I am very new to jira and my question is whether I can somehow distribute a different attlasien-connector with different base URL at install time? pass parameters in the installation time? have different offers of the same product based on location?

The only solution comes up to my mind is to have two different offers for the same vendor but I wonder what would be expected by the jira community as a solution to this kind of problem

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events