Trying to generate email notifications to agents when a new request comes in

carl esposito April 19, 2021

I've tried changing the notification settings but the emails don't come through.

We are evaluating the service management product and this is a key feature we would need

4 answers

0 votes
Shawn Mendisz April 20, 2021

I was also facing the same issue and have tried to resolve it. Unfortunately, I can't but it helps me to resolve my issue. Thank You

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hey @carl esposito ,

While @Mikael Sandberg 's solution will definitely work how is your notification scheme defined?

By default it indeed only sends a notification to "watchers/assignee/reporter" but you expand on that.

E.g. you could add a "Group" or "Role" in the scheme. Meaning this could be a group you defined yourself or perhaps the "Service Desk Team" role. That would include all your agents.

If those don't fit perfectly you could even define your own role/group for that project and it's notifications.

carl esposito April 20, 2021

Thank you. I tried that. Nothing came through.  Not even getting an email for the assigned agent. At least the automation seems to work.

0 votes

n/a

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi @carl esposito,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When a new request comes in, do you auto-assign it to one of your agents? Or are you trying to use automation to generate an email to all your agents when a new request comes in? 

The latter... generate an email to all agents

carl esposito

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Okay, in that case the notification scheme will not help you, since that one will only notify the assignee and anyone watching the request (reporter/customer is notified via customer notifications). You will have to create an automation (project settings > automation) that is executed on issue creation and sends out an email, something like this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 3.12.08 PM.png

I will give this a try. Thanks

Suggest an answer