Transfer licence from an account to another one

avallet October 5, 2020

Hello,

I do have an account with a jira-core licence for 1year, and I would like to know if it is possible to transfer it to another account ?

regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2020

Hello @avallet

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you subscribed to a Jira core license (Server) and now you would like to change the owner of that license to a different account/user. Is that correct?

you can do it by changing the billing contact of your product under my.atlassian.com, as mentioned in this documentation:

To add a Billing or Technical Contact, any existing Billing or Technical Contacts can log into their My.Atlassian account, select the product or subscription in question and enter the email address of the new contact. If the new contact does not have an Atlassian Account, you will be prompted to enter a few details.

To establish a new Primary Billing or Technical Contact, the new contact will need to log into their My.Atlassian account and select Make Primary. The existing Primary Contact will then be demoted to a secondary contact and can be removed if needed.

Within Atlassian Cloud, any SIte Admin will be able to make themselves a Billing Contact by navigating to Site Administration > Billing > Overview and selecting Make Me A Billing Contact.

For more details about Jira licensing, please feel free to contact our Customer advocates team in the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

Let us know if you have any questions about the steps above.

avallet October 6, 2020

Hello @Petter Gonçalves thank you for taking time to answer my question.

To be more specific, we do have 2 Atlassian account.

We have an account with a Jira core licence until June 2021 (the one i'm writing with) and we did create a new account (new team in our company). The goal is to transfer the licence from the first account to the new one.

I don't feel like I can do it by myself. I Already contact the support (CA-1111012) and advice me to ask the question here.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Pierre

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events