Tracking task percentage progress

Kane Aquilina May 30, 2017

I would like that as a project administrator, be able to track task progress by inputting percentages. As an example, I would like that a newly created task will start with a 0% complete and eventually will be updated manually to higher percentage as progress to the task is done (not vis-a-vis the work effort logged as this will not be used).

Reports of tasks progress will then be issued on the basis of this percentage progress fuield.

Can this be done?

Kane Aquilina (Malta)

1 answer

0 votes
Gerry Claps August 8, 2017

For a crude workaround, you could create a custom field called "Percentage completed" and get team members to manually enter the percetnage completed for a task. From there, you can export a number of issues to a CSV file, using JIRA's filters, and then use a few spreadsheet functions to get the report you like. Otherwise, you could use an add-on like eazyBI to get the reports generated in JIRA itself. The caveat to this approach is it won't store historical data. I hope that helps.

Carol Rodriguez October 14, 2020

Hello Gerry, 

Regarding to this answer, is it possible to get immediate update of the tasks once you change the workflow, for example to have a 100% percentage if the task is updated as "Done". 

Or the only way to get that is by creating a custom field? 

Thanks in advance, 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events