Time registration instead of story points in next gen projects?

Gysbert January 9, 2020

Dear community, 

We are trying to fill our sprints with issues based on planned work duration. However, it seems that in next-gen projects, this data cannot be summed to view the total assigned time. Also, it seems impossible to have a quick overview of the remaining hours of work per sprint or make reports with this metric.

Is there a reason this feature is missing? How do you use the time logging functionality if there is no easy way to keep oversight on the time spent?

Any help is welcome :) Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Gysbert ,

When you say "next-gen projects", are you referring to next-gen Jira Software projects?

If so, you're right that time tracking functionality is quite limited. For now, if you do need more thorough time tracking capabilities, the only thing I can suggest is to use Jira Software's classic projects instead.

Gysbert January 13, 2020

Thank you. Do you know if time tracking capabilities will be implemented in the future?

Like Kevin Bui likes this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Gysbert - As far as I know, time tracking capabilities are on the team's radar, but I can't confirm that they're working on anything specific in this area. 

You can check out what's being worked on for next-gen at the Jira Software Cloud public roadmap.

Suggest an answer