Time Sheet gadget disappeared from dashboard & gadget list

Tom King May 4, 2016

Hi

My team and I  were using a dashboard gadget we believe was named "Time Sheet" which basically showed you total time you have logged for the current day/week/month etc grouped by project/issue etc

This was extremely useful for us as it allowed us to ensure we had not missed logging ad hoc issues that arise throughout the day.

Currently it just shows the following message:
This gadget cannot be displayed on your dashboard. This could be due to a licensing problem or an application error. If you need this gadget, contact your administrator for assistance. Otherwise, you can remove it from your dashboard.

We have not ever needed a licence for this gadget before, but if anyone knows what licence would allow us to start using the gadget again that would be useful 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

The addon has recently been changed by this one:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/timereports/cloud/overview

The old addon disappears, together with its gadgets and reports, but you have them available in the new addon.

Tom King May 5, 2016

shame it has become chargeable as judging by the reviews we may now look at a different option.
If having to pay, may as well pay for something we prefer! 

cdunkel May 5, 2016

Was this a JIRA-managed plug-in, or just a free 3rd party plug-in?

Tom King May 5, 2016

Well it was just included, we didnt have to install anything to get it working previously, it was just there

Brian Rain May 5, 2016

This is pretty classic Atlassian behavior.  You can read through comments on older documentation to see this occur several times.  You basically can't rely on JIRA for any longer than today.  At least this time there's an Add-on option we can make work.  I guess enjoy the extra $10 a month until we move to a better solution.    

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

The change was announced some time ago.

I agree free is better than $5 / month (min) or $10 / month (max), but anyway, I think it is a more than fair price for a third party addon, and it is much cheaper than any other alternatives...

Brian Rain May 6, 2016

First of all, a quick LinkedIn Search shows that Ignacio is probably an Atlassian employee.  If that is the case, you should identify yourself as such.  

Second, it was not a "free" feature.  It was included in the JIRA offering that is being paid for and now it is not.  To have the same functionality as before, I have to pay more.  I'm not commenting on the cost, but that JIRA is a less reliable, and often poorly managed platform that it difficult to build on long-term. 

Ignacio Pulgar May 6, 2016

Hi Brian, just wanted to clarify that I'm not an Atlassian employee.

I might have a different perception about this addon, as it was not built-in on my organisation's JIRA instance.

So, I had to research the Atlassian's Marketplace to find addons that could sum the worklogged hours for specified time periods.

I first stumbled upon Tempo, but seemed to be overpriced for what we needed.

After some more research, I found the Timesheet Reports and Gadgets addon, which was marked as a free addon with support in charge of a third party, and so we installed it.

Recently, the addon was announced to be substituted by another one which, if I understood it correctly, was going to be developed and deployed in a way which consumes less resources from Atlassian servers.

So, in my case, it was clear from the very beginning that the addon belonged to a third party and that it was just being offered for free.

Having read the comments of some other users, it seems that the addon might had been enabled by default on several JIRA instances.

I guess that my reaction about this addon change would have been different if I hadn't had to research anything, because of having the addon already installed on my instance, and so, I can understand some users feeling this as an unfair move on Atlassian's side.

From my perspective and point of view, I felt so happy of having found a free addon that was going to save so much time to our organisation (people were noting down their worked hours in separated spreadsheets, and a manager had to collect and sum the hours by manual means) that I was even glad of start paying a bit for maintaining this addon and help his developer continuing adding new features to it and improvements.

But that's just my point of view.

2 votes
Steven Villanueva March 29, 2019

it has been available on server version, but now disappeared, why is that?

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2020

Hi, @Steven Villanueva !

Have you found the resolution of the problem? 

Steven Villanueva March 16, 2020

Hi @Alexander Bondarev 

We've updated the Tempo Timesheets version installed on our end and seemed fixed the issue

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2020

Thank you! 
We have the last app`s version. 

I`m planning to Restart Jira like told in Workaround here.

0 votes
tejraj_123 August 18, 2021

Hi Team,

Can any one help, How to know the usage  of this plugin. I mean how many users are using this plugin in one instance.

0 votes
Tugce Evirgen May 6, 2016

We have add but still do not have pivot table gadget.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events