Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Store attachments in a database

Hi,

is it possible to store the attachments in a sql database automatically? We don't want them to be stored locally.

Thanks,

it-frastanz

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert Community Leader Feb 04, 2020

Hi @IT Frastanz , 

it's not possible to store attachment in the database, these will be kept on the filesystem. However, you can always map the attachments location to a network drive/share, with NFS or Samba for example.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Hi @Alexis Robert ,

thanks for answering me.

The only way, I found, to change the attachment location is by creating a symbolic link ( Symbolic link ). I don't want to do it like that! Is there another way?

--it-frastanz

Alexis Robert Community Leader Feb 06, 2020

Hi @IT Frastanz , 

you can simply mount your NFS share directly at the location of your Jira attachment directory, at <JIRA_HOME>/data/attachments

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Online AMA this week: Your project management questions answered by Jira Design Lead James Rotanson

We know that great teams require amazing project management chops. It's no surprise that great teams who use Jira have strong project managers, effective workflows, and secrets that bring planning ...

181 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian Community Events