Stop Transition from being clicked when someone has already started working on it.

Dani Miles April 25, 2023

Hi there, 

This is a bit of a strange request and not sure it would be possible, but we have a scenario where we have a team of people that might pick up an issue in a Triage status. When they click to transition to In Progress they have a screen to fill in a number of questions which might take a number of minutes.

What I want to be able to do is once the Transition button has been clicked and someone starts working on answering the questions no one else is able to click the same transition button so that we don't have more than one person answering the questions at once (as it will always error for the second person). 

I had a workaround using an extra status but I am keen to not have to go back to that ideally. I cannot see a way myself to put a rule in place at the start of a transition before it has been completed but is there possibly anything ScriptRunner could do? 

Thanks, 
Dani

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Hi Danielle,

I am not aware of a way to lock that issue just by clicking on the transition. I think the best/only option would be to use the extra status as you have implemented. What kind of problems does that present for you? 

Dani Miles April 25, 2023

Thanks @John Funk 

Just that we already have way too many statuses in the workflow! I suppose if there is a good reason for it though it's worthwhile. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer