Static Assets (CDN) Plugin issues

Michael westen April 19, 2020

Hi,

I've recently updated the Jira core 8.8.0 and started running into problems.

I couldn't connect to the server localhost:8080.

Every time I tried to connect, it prompts me will error message below.

How could I resolve this problem, as I have tried all the instructions provide by Jira.

(Error message). System plugins failed to start: We haven't been able to start all the required system plugins
We couldn't start the following plugins:
Static Assets (CDN) Plugin

Please kindly help!

2 answers

0 votes
Irfan Ahmed Zainulabdin April 19, 2021

I also gone through similar issue where Jira failed to start with error: We couldn't start the following plugins: Static Assets (CDN) Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.static-assets-url)

There is wiki: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshoot-a-jira-server-startup-failed-error-394464512.html which gave comprehensive details about different kind of startup errors and solutions for them.

In my case, Plugins disabled in database resolution worked.

I queried DB to check disabled plugins: 

SELECT * FROM pluginstate where pluginenabled = 'false';

and deleted the one which is causing issue:

DELETE FROM pluginstate WHERE pluginkey='com.atlassian.plugins.static-assets-url';

Make sure you stop Jira, do this clean up from DB and start Jira.

0 votes
Neel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hi @Michael westen 

Not sure if you still see the issue, but here are few things you can do:

(Optional Steps below if the above doesn't help)

• Stop JIRA
  • Clear your cache. To do this, first access your JIRA installation directory. There, access the ‘Work’ folder. Delete the contents of the folder. DO NOT DELETE THE WORK FOLDER. Only delete the contents.
  • Clear your plugin cache. To do this, access your JIRA Home folder. There, access the ‘Plugins’ folder. Delete the ‘.osgi-plugins’ and the ‘.bundled-plugins’ folders. Not to worry, these 2 folders will be rebuilt when JIRA starts.
  • Start JIRA

You can take a backup of the cache folders as well in the filesystem before deleting them.

Best,

Neel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events