Standard issue field disappeared

Roberto Colombo January 30, 2021

The issue filed "Remaining Estimate", which according to this link appears to be standard, has totally disappeared from my Jira Core.

I try to find it in Settings -> Issues -> Field Configurations -> Default screen configuration (which in theory is where I should see all standard fields), it just is not there. As if it never existed. But, I also use BigPicture and from there there's a view which shows me all the standard fields of Jira Core issues, and "Remaining Estimate" is right in the list.

How can I do to make it come back?

Thank you very much in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

Hi @Roberto Colombo 

Remaining Estimate isn't a standalone field, it's a part of the field "Time Tracking"

----------

There's a few things to bear in mind with Time Tracking:

• It needs to be on the issue screen and/or the issue layout (for the new issue view) to be visible on the issue's screen
  • It needs to be set to shown in your field configuration scheme to be utilised
  • Time Tracking can be impacted based on a user's permissions

To see more about how Time Tracking works, see this page

----------

Time Tracking also looks different on the new view than classic view:

• New View: When time is logged, time logged and time remaining are within one progress bar
  • Classic View: Logged Work and Remaining Estimate are separate - these do look like separate fields

Even though it isn't a standalone field, it should still be possible to utilise as a column in Issue Search, etc.

----------

Let us know if this resolves your queries. If not, please let us know!

Ste

Roberto Colombo February 1, 2021

Hi Stephen,

thank you very much for your explanation, it's been really appreciated. Now I can see why.

Regards,

Roberto

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events