Slack notifications for my tickets but exclude MY own actions

Ben October 3, 2019

I've setup Jira Slack notifications for just my tickets. I use JQL assignee = my.username and it works great.

However, I want to go one step further and stop my actions creating notifications. For example: when I comment on my own ticket, I don't want a slack notification. But if anyone else comments, then I do want a slack notification.

Same goes for all other actions (eg: transitioned, updated, etc)

Anyone know how to do this with JQL? 

I tried  currentUser() != my.username (and various combinations of that) but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately there's no clean way to do this with JQL currently. We do have an open feature request that addresses what you're trying to do with this filter: API-80: Personal Jira Notifications in Slack .

Keep an eye on that issue as we've had a lot of discussion around what you're asking for. I'll bring this feedback up with the product manager for the integration!

Cheers,
Daniel

Ben October 7, 2019

Thanks Daniel

Will keep an eye on that feature request.

Alexey Ermykin September 13, 2021

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-80 is about personal notifications, not about excluding own modifications.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Alexey Ermykin September 13, 2021

I tried to use JQL: updated != currentLogin() but it did not work (update: it is for date, indeed). 

It looks like we need 1 extra field, e.g. lastUpdater or modificationUser here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events