Show priority for sub-tasks list (from task view)

Colden Rouleau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2018

I want to show priority on sub-task lists.

Example:

I have a task named "Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich". It has subtasks:

1. Buy Peanut Butter (we're out!) [priority: Critical]
  2. Get two slices of bread from stock [priority: Major]
  3. Apply Peanut butter to one slice [priority: Major]
  4. Apply jelly to the other slice [priority: Major]
  5. Add banana slices to the peanut butter slice [priority: Trival]
  6. Final task: Connect halves together to make a sandwich [priority: Major]

However, if I'm viewing the "Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich" parent task, while I can see all the subtasks together in a list, I can't see which one is more important. It's probably a good idea for me to go buy peanut butter before I do anything else - it's a high risk task! What if I tried to make the sandwich late at night after all the stores were closed? It would be a project failure. In contrast, the banana slices are optional, and so less important.

What I'm talking about looks like (heavily sensored)jira.png

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Hi Colden, 

It's also supported for Jira Cloud. You should go to General Configuration -> Advanced Settings:

screen.PNG

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

Hi Colden,

Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server?  If you're in Server you may find some tips here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Add-column-to-list-of-Sub-Tasks/qaq-p/38554

More specifically, you can go to Administration --> General Configuration --> Advanced (button at the bottom of the page) --> jira.table.cols.subtasks, and add the column you need

If you're in the Cloud, I don't think this is supported.

Carlos

0 votes
Kenny March 6, 2019

I can't seem to find this setting in the most recent version of Jira, any pointers?

Thanks!

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

Hi Kenny,

Please specify exact version of Jira.

Like tamara.davis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events