Show only my epics in Scrum board with filter

Aldis Voitenko November 12, 2021

Hallo everyone.

In my team we are several people and many epics and much more issues.. :)

I want to create filter, where I can show only my issues and ONLY MY Epics?

Can I do this to my on prem Jira 8.5?

regards

Aldis

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Hi @Aldis Voitenko welcome on the community. Just to clarify. You need to select only "bold" issues (your epic or your issues under your epics)?

• epic1 (assignee = Aldis)
    • task1 (assignee = Aldis)
    • task2  (assignee = Sam1)
  • epic2 (assignee = Sam1)
    • task2  (assignee = Aldis)
Aldis Voitenko November 12, 2021

No. In you example it would be - Epic1, task1 and task2 assigned to Aldis

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

ok, so you can use simple JQL assignee = currentUser() as subfilter right? It is predefined on boards and is named as Only My Issues. Can you use it or why not, if not?

Selection_455.png

Aldis Voitenko November 16, 2021

I can do that, but than JIRA return only my assignee tickets, but no elics..

But I Want see only those Epic, which is assigned to me.

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

So the problem is you can't see EPICS on your board? Can you share a screenshot with better explanation, please?

Aldis Voitenko November 16, 2021

Morgen.

Ok, let's start from beginning.

1. I'm speaking bout ScrumBoard functionality. Epics in Left side, sprints and tickets on Right.

2. I want to create such quick filter, when I can filter only my epic + all my Tickets.  And all that in Scrum Bord for sprint planning.

Picture attached.Scrum_Board_Epic_filter.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Ok, you cannot filter Epics on the left side. But filter is applied to the issues in "planning" part of the screen. So you know you are working only with your issues. Can you explain WHY you need to filter epics on the left side? We can try to find some workaround...

Aldis Voitenko January 27, 2022

Hi. Epics are too many. For all my team aprox 40… it is very hard to find only mine to add new tickets to them. That the problem. I need this for better navigation. Thats all.

Aldis

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022

Hi @Aldis Voitenko , I'm sorry but I don't think it is achievable :(

Suggest an answer