Separate permission scheme scoped to issue type?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

I have a project with two issue types.  I want to prevent users from creating issues on one of the two types as it is replaced with newer type.  However I still want users to be able to work/resolve pre-existing issues of this issue type being sunset.

What is the best way to accomplish this?  I don't see a way to associate more than one permission scheme per project.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Pete,

You would probably have to create some type of Validator on the Create transition to not allow the certain issue type. There is no way to "disable" an issue type. If you remove it from the issue type scheme, it will make you change all of the existing issues to a new type. 

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Thanks again @John Funk , the validator on Create should do the trick!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

@Pete P 

as long as you have only one project this can be done with a plugin. I applied the same with a simple validator using ScriptRunner for Jira, on Create Issue Transition.

123.PNG

i hope this would help

Adel

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

Thanks @Mohamed Adel , good answer with code sample.  I give it to John as came in first

Like Mohamed Adel likes this

Suggest an answer