Search filter using Closed -status

Nina Karjalainen August 4, 2022

I'm trying to search bugs that are not Closed at the end of the month. But how do I use the time in the query?

e.g. Project in (A, B, C) AND issuetupe = Bug AND !=Closed >=2022-07-31

3 answers

0 votes
Nina Karjalainen August 4, 2022

Thanks for the answers.

I need to keep track about the older bugs as well. And I'm collecting data to Confluence at the end of every month. I had an example that is "status was not closed during (2022-07-25 00:00", "2022-07-31 23:59") but this one collects also the bugs that are closed before. I would like to have a search that gets every bug from the beginning to the given end date.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi Nina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Try this: Project in (A, B, C) and issuetype = Bug and statusCategory != Done

Just run that on the last day of the month to see them. 

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Nina Karjalainen 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You can try something like below -

project in (A, B, C) AND issuetype = "Bug" AND created >= 2022-08-01 AND created <= 2022-08-31 AND status != Closed

The above JQL is searching for Bugs created between 1st Aug'22 and 31st Aug'22 in A, B, C project and whose status is not closed. Hope this helps. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

Hi @Nina Karjalainen 

Instead of replying in separate thread, will respond here. Since you need to find out Bugs that were created and not closed between start date and end date, the query I mentioned will work for you. eg: Lets assume you want to search for Bugs that were created since 1st Jan'22, until the end of August'22, then below query will give you what you need -

project in (A, B, C) AND issuetype = "Bug" AND created >= 2022-01-01 AND created <= 2022-08-31 AND status != Closed
Like Nina Karjalainen likes this
Nina Karjalainen August 5, 2022

Thanks @Kishan Sharma Now I understood =)

Yep, that works fine.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2022

Glad that works for you @Nina Karjalainen, please accept my answer if it was useful, it will help others looking for similar solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events