Scriptrunner - Version Synchroniser Listener for non-admins?

sysadmin@flipp.com November 19, 2018

I have a setup with multiple teams and projects which contribute toward a mobile release train on a 3 week cadence.

The Version Synchroniser Listener does exactly what I need in terms of Version syncing but unfortunately requires users to have admin in all projects.

I'm looking for a way to grant permissions to allow this to work without giving full admin across all the projects that need to sync. Is there a way to modify this listener so it runs as an admin user regardless of the permissions of the user who created the version? 

1 answer

0 votes
Roland Holban (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

You could plausibly set up a REST endpoint which everyone has access to that calls the Version Synchronizer listener. With that said, this is no trivial task and you need to be careful with admin impersonation of scripts as this could possibly create a security leak.

Due to ScriptRunner's advanced capabilities, as a rule of thumb, I would do my best to keep all its functionalities to the way they were designed, that is for administrators only. 

wajih zouaoui July 13, 2020

Hi @Roland Holban (Adaptavist) ,

how can we set up a Rest End point to call the version synchroniser please ?

I'm stucked with the non admin rights issue for the version synchroniser ?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer