ScriptRunner: Custom scripted field does not appear in the Script Fields admin page

Curtis Kruger August 12, 2019

I searched the questions, but couldn't find an answer to this question - Please point me to the answer if it has already been solved.

I followed the directions on the Adaptivist ScriptRunner Script Fields documentation page, although the custom field is not showing up on the Script Fields admin page.

The custom field is not using an indexer - i.e. none is selected for Search Template

The Script Fields page quickly clocks under the Name column, but then does not show any script fields.

When viewing the console for the page, there is an error being displayed:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()

Has anyone experienced this error?  If so, how did you resolve this issue?

Attached is a screenshot of the generic stack trace for the 500 error

jiraQuestion.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

Which version of scriptrunner?

I would try to delete the custom field to see if this restores your ability to view the script field page.

• Go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields
  • Search for the script field you created
  • Make sure the type is "Scripted field"
  • Delete the custom field.

Then go back to the scripted page. If it loads correctly without error, try to create a new scripted field.

Curtis Kruger August 13, 2019

Version 4.3.13

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

That's pretty far behind. I think your first troubleshooting step should be to get the latest version.

Curtis Kruger August 13, 2019

Thanks for the response - Deleting the custom field worked to reset the script fields page, but it still shows an error when adding a new scripted field.  I will update to the latest version and go from there.

Suggest an answer