Schedule Automation for outlook email reminders for tickets pending approval

Kolawole Aderupatan May 30, 2023

I need help creating schedule automation to send reminder emails to approver on pending tickets they are yet to approve in Jira Server. I have tried to set the JQL query but no email is sent. Please help.

Capture Jira.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Kolawole Aderupatan -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here are some questions to help focus what you ask, as these will help the community to offer suggestions:

• What have you tried so far to solve this need?
  • What addon/extensions do you have for your Jira instance?
  • Your JQL only shows one assignee.  Is this really only for one person?

For example, if you have Automation for Jira installed, you could create an automation rule with a scheduled trigger to do this.  Yet if this is only for one person/assignee, perhaps a dashboard would be better.

Kind regards,
Bill

Kolawole Aderupatan June 2, 2023

1. I only tried the automation rule tool on our Jira.

2. Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA, Advanced Roadmaps for Jira, Assets Plugin, Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools, Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Self-Update Plugin, Automation for Jira, Craftware JIRA commons, Custom Field Option Synchroniser, Default Values for Create Issue screen, Email This Issue Server, JIRA Charting Plugin, Jira Cloud Migration Assistant, JIRA Toolkit Plugin, Jira Workflow Toolbox, Links Hierarchy, Manage Custom Fields for Jira, PRNW git metadata, Project Configurator, Search Linked Issues, ServiceRocket Core Connector Plugin, ServiceRocket JIRA Connector Plugin, ServiceRocket Salesforce.com Connector Plugin - Project Thready, xApps Library by Decadis AG.

3. The automation is supposed to be for all approvals but I just trying it with just one person on Dev to see if it works before editing the JQL query.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2023

Thanks for that information.  Would you please post an image of your complete rule to provide some context? 

Please see attached. Thanks

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2023

@Kolawole Aderupatan I do not see the attached rule image.

Send Email from.JPGEmail to.JPGEmail Message.JPGJQL Selector.JPG

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2023

Just to be clear, I am unfamiliar with the Jira Core Server automation...

Is there an audit log for this rule which would show why the rule is not sending the email?  For example, perhaps there are no matching issues.

Kolawole Aderupatan June 13, 2023

I checked the Audit log but didn't find anything relating to the automation despite the fact that I get notification on Jira that "The rule Scheduled Automation Email Notification was successfully triggered".

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2023

Without the log I am unclear what to try next.  You could either wait to see if other community members have suggestions, or work with your site admin to submit a support ticket to Atlassian to take a look: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kolawole Aderupatan June 26, 2023

Hi Bill, I have been able to run the automation. Basically is was the server account I selected for the outgoing email that was wrong. The scheduled automation is running smoothly now. Thanks.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Kolawole Aderupatan June 26, 2023

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer