Safely remove apps / add-in housekeeping

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

I have been tasked with managing our collection of approximately 50 add-ins/apps.  Since we have a community license they are all free. 

1. Is there any way to know the last time an add-in was used?    
2. If I remove an add-in what happens to any custom fields that were installed with it?  Are  they kept associated to the pre-existing issues?  I don't want to break anything.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

Here is an answer that may help you: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-identify-in-JIRA-which-Plugins-are-being-used/qaq-p/372212#:~:text=There%20is%20not%20a%20standard,you're%20hoping%20to%20find.

I currently manage apps for my organization. I have a page where I list the apps installed, who requested them, and what they are used for. However, when assuming this responsibility, I simply did a survey to identify that information and in some cases asked if it was actively being used, and if I didn't receive an answer I uninstalled. If anyone complained I would re-install, but there were no complaints. The note in the answer above about seeking out custom fields to identify when they were last used is a great way to determine if an app is truly in use. In the case of my apps, the custom fields remained after the apps were uninstalled and I went through and hid any custom fields that we no longer used and deleted any that were potential duplicates. I hope this helps you determine which direction will be correct for your group. 

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Thank you @elizabeth_jones  for prompt reply, you have provided some good advice ✔

Like elizabeth_jones likes this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

You are very welcome; happy to help :)

Suggest an answer