[SOLVED] Rich Filters Gadget - Dynamic Filters And Nested Queries

Murphy October 21, 2019

Hello, 

I am utilizing rich filters to select from a list of "Epic Links" names. I have a filter that will show me all the items that have that epic link tied to it. What I want to do with the rich filter is then narrow it down even further by showing all sub-tasks that are tied to the parent that has the epic link I've selected. The problem I'm seeing is that when I select a Epic Link, it's just adding "And Epic Link = XXXX" to the query. Due to the fact that sub-tasks can't have epic links it's showing nothing. Does anyone know of some fancy way to combine nested queries or use sub-queries to get the rich filter to dynamically update based on my epic link description and show all stories and their sub-tasks? 

Example: 

On my rich filter I select "Epic Link = XXXX". It then changes one of my gadgets by adding in "And epic link = xxxx" order by..." I have tried the following to no avail. 

AND "Epic Link" = xxxx and issueFunction in subtasksOf("issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"issuetype = Epic and resolution is empty\", \"is epic of\")")

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Murphy October 22, 2019

For those interested, I was able to utilize script runner and create a scripted field to propagate the parent's epic to the sub-task. This allowed me to utilize the dynamic filter, to search by the parents epic (aka epic name / epic link) and show me the sub-tasks of those parents. 

Michal Karpinski March 24, 2020

Hi,

Can you please share details of your solution?

mmuensch May 6, 2021

@Murphy 

could you please share the details of your solution? 

I have something like 

if (parent.customfield_10006 != "") {
    return parent.customfield_10006;
}
else {
    return "Kein Epos";
}

as scripted field. It shows me the key of the epic, but I can not use the field as dynamic filter. 

Thanks 

Markus  

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2019

Hi Matthew,

Have a look to JQL Booster Pack (FREE) which includes the subtaskOf() jql function.

Retrieve all issues and subtask of a given EPIC (e.g. EMEA-53)

"Epic Link" = EMEA-53 OR issue IN subtaskOf('"Epic Link" = EMEA-53')

It also includes, some other useful functions such us parentOnf(), epicsOf(), issuesInEpics() or linkedIssuesOf() as you can find in their Documentation pages.

DISCLAIMER: I'm the lead developer behind this app

Regards

Murphy October 21, 2019

Hey Jack, 

Thanks for a quick response. We do have script runner on the instance, however with rich filters and the selection being dynamic, I don't get to specify the second part which in the case of your example would be: 

subtaskOf('"Epic Link" = EMEA-53')

The reason for this is the rich filter gadget is just adding "and epic link = xxx" when I select it. I should probably update my summary :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events