SLA 'Comment: For Customers' isnt stopped after adding a comment

Jayanth Tumati October 15, 2020

I have set up an SLA for internal teams to stop the clock as soon as Dev team comment on the ticket (Dev person on Service Desk team as user) using 'Comment: For Customers

But for some reason the SLA is not stopped when commented. The creator of the ticket is under 'service desk customer'

1 answer

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2020

Hi @Jayanth Tumati ,

There might be an issue regarding the roles - "Dev person on Service Desk team as user" can't count as an agent so her/his comments don't count as comments for customers. Could you try adding this person as an agent and check whether it solves the issue?

As an alternative, you can try Time to SLA.

Time to SLA works in Software, Core, and Service Desk projects.

You can add the SLA end condition as Comment: Project role: Developers and you're good to go.

SLA_comment.png

TTS also has the reset SLA feature, different calculation methods, reporting options and so much more.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

Jayanth Tumati October 19, 2020

Thanks @Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} 

I am using JIRA Self managed, so have limited access to certain conditions. I tried to add the person as JIRA agent (Service desk access) but the existing ticket doesnt change the details as its already done. 

So I will try with a new ticket and comment by the same person

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2020

Ok, let me know how it turns out.

-G

Suggest an answer